By signing up for a class with us, you agree to abide by these rules:
- Follow the MCS Code of Conduct at all times.
- Arrive 10 minutes before posted start time, and be ready to start on time.
- Respect your fellow students’ and the instructors’ time:
- No phone usage in class (if you need to make a call, or send a text, or whatever, step outside!)
- When the instructors call for the class’s attention, stop all extra discussion right away.
- No teaching fellow students during class. (There is a difference between teaching and speaking up when something is painful or inappropriate — that is always acceptable.)
- Rotate to a new partner when instructed.
- You are never obligated to dance with someone who is making you uncomfortable — consent is critical! If someone is behaving inappropriately in class, please report their behavior to the instructors (or MCS Safer Spaces officer) so we can take appropriate action.
- If there’s a specific person you’re not comfortable dancing with, talk to the instructor(s) before class begins. The instructor(s) may make accommodation at their discretion.
- Note that there is a difference between declining a dance with someone whose behavior makes you uncomfortable, and discrimination. Per the Code of Conduct, discrimination of any kind is not tolerated.
- In an ambi class, switch roles when instructed to do so. In a focus class, stick with the role you signed up as for the entire class.
PLEASE NOTE: Street shoes are not allowed on the dance floor at Annette & Company. Dance shoes, clean (non-marking) indoor shoes, and socks are fine.